Cult is a semester-long creative project that documents personal style in the Twin Cities. The project was born out of innate curiosity and a passion for individual expression and aesthetics. All photos © Stephanie Johnson.

Contact:
stephaniej3053@gmail.com
www.stephaniejcreative.com

Twin Cities Vintage Clothing & Jewelry Show (vintage paradise)

So. Much. Vintage. Why did it take me so long to hear about this marvelous event? Last week I decided to trek out to the State Fairgrounds Fine Arts Building to explore the Twin Cities Vintage Clothing & Jewelry Show. Apparently the event is a little secret kept between collectors in the antique scene--hence its quasi-underground status. The event happens twice a year and features approximately 50 vendors from around the Midwest. As I navigated the booths filled with fur coats, scratchy polyester, and decadent jewels, I couldn't help feeling like I was being transported back to my grandma's closet circa 1950. An added bonus: everyone who dressed in head-to-toe vintage was granted discounted admission. I especially loved all the classy 50s gals with their tea-length skirts and red lipstick--they looked like they were straight out of an episode of Mad Men!

I was on the lookout for a gaudy/gorgeous cocktail ring but unfortunately didn't find anything...I probably shouldn't have showed up 30 minutes before it closed. Oops.

Update: The next show is the weekend of June 1st. Info at http://www.catspajamasproductions.net.






No comments:

Post a Comment